About Physical Therapy in Canton, Grosse Ile
Physical Therapy promotes health, wellness, mobility, independent function, and physlical performance. Physical Therapists have advanced understanding of integrated physical function, how the body moves, what keeps it from moving well and how to restore mobility, function and performance.
Is Physical Therapy for Me?
Physical Therapists are experts on movement and function. At OrthoSport Physical Therapy Center our Physical Therapists are skilled at assessing and managing a range of conditions including:
- Physical conditions such as back pain, arthritis and repetitive strain injury
- Sports injuries
- Hockey and Skating specific issues
- Post surgery recovery
- Work related conditions
- Auto accident recovery
- Performing art related physical conditions
- Neck and back pain and other joint injuries
- Athletic body balance screening
- Injury prevention and prehabilitation
- Dizziness and vestibular conditions
- TMJ problems
Physical Therapists in Canton, Grosse Ile can also help you to prevent most of the above conditions by offering advice on posture, exercise, workplace and lifestyle habits.
At OrthoSport Physical Therapy Center your Physical Therapists work as part of a team with you and sometimes other health care providers or sports coaches. The success of your Physical Therapy program usually requires your co-operation outside of our Physical Therapy clinic. You will probably be required to participate in an exercise program or some modifications to your postural or lifestyle habits. Your dedication to your Physical Therapy "homework" will greatly enhance the outcome of your Physical Therapy program and will help you to achieve your goals as quickly as possible.
You can expect your Physical Therapist will follow the system below to ensure your time in Physical Therapy and at home is used effectively to reach your goals.
- Assess your symptoms.
- Diagnose your condition.
- Plan your treatment.
- Treat your condition.
- Continually evaluate the effect of treatment on your condition and adjust the treatment plan if necessary.
- Help you to manage your condition at home and to prevent reoccurrence of problems.
- Communicate with any other health professionals involved with your condition, such as your doctor, to ensure a united approach to achieving your goals.
At OrthoSport Physical Therapy Center our Physical Therapists keep up-to-date with the latest in medical and sports science research to help them select treatments that have been scientifically proven to help your condition. This is called "Evidence Based Practice".
Some of the treatments that Physical Therapists at OrthoSport Physical Therapy Center may use include:
- Mobilization of joints
- Therapeutic exercise
- Functional training
- Mdalities such as laser therapy and electrical stimulation
- Massage and soft tissue treatments
- Advice and education
Make us your first choice for Physical Therapy in Canton, Grosse Ile.